Trying to get it right

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeCL

Reaction score
I’m helping my wife with candle making at the moment I’m using 415 soy wax I’m pouring into a 16oz mason jar but I’m not sure how much FO I should be using. Normally I add the FO around 135F but I’ve heard as high as 185. The first few batches I’ve made I’ve added .33oz and the cold throw is strong but the hot throw is not strong enough what more can be done?

Where are the FOs from? A lot of the fragrance vendors have usage guides for the fragrances they sell. The amount that seems strong for one fragrance may not be enough for a different fragrance.

Where are the FOs from? A lot of the fragrance vendors have usage guides for the fragrances they sell. The amount that seems strong for one fragrance may not be enough for a different fragrance.
P&J trading FO it had no usage guide for it.. I was going to try a 1 oz sample from candle science to see if it would help.

The fragrance load for GW415 is 8 to 10% per pound of wax. (don't assume that a 16oz mason jar will hold 1 lb of wax)
oh yeah no I was not assuming that it would hold 1lb I just want to get the best ratio correct when adding the FO’s.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back