Trying to follow a tutorial

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I watched a tutorial from Tree Marie and love the look of this bar, using my own recipe.

i am all ready to create (Meaning note book, not ready ready, this isnt a crisis lol). When i realized she used a slab mold. I only have loaf molds.

can i use this technique with a loaf mold? Should i layer long ways?

Attachments

• D82A52B0-7115-435B-BF5C-F2E9AFA7E36B.jpeg
    D82A52B0-7115-435B-BF5C-F2E9AFA7E36B.jpeg
    432.4 KB · Views: 14
If that’s just a chopstick to swirl the top and not something crazy that I’m not seeing.... fill your mold 1/3 to 1/2 way and treat it like a slab. Your bars may be slightly odd shaped but you can mostly practice the concept. An alternative would be getting a shoebox or something a lining it. I’ve used “press ‘n seal” wrap as a liner before but it doesn’t always seal to cardboard nicely. Butcher paper and the usual liners also work but “press ’n seal” was on sale when I tried it - leaves an interesting texture on the bars which was fun

Yes, you can tip your loaf mode and layer longways and then use a chopstick and go back and forth like a Taiwan Circling Swirl starts at 9:30

Latest posts

Back