Trying to find a scent

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m not sure if this is where to ask, please direct me to the right forum if it isn't. Anyway, years ago I found a soap that was named “Butterfly” at a dept store. The scent alone led me down the path of soap making. Before I could find out the actual scent they quit selling it. My niece brought be some bath rocks from Ulta last week. It was the exact same scent! I was excited but I’ve called several numbers that Ulta gave me trying to find something other than “fragrance”. I am now on the search to find this scent & I'm not sure where to find it. The product is “Ulta Sweet Sunrise Bath Rocks”. Does anyone know this scent? Would anyone with a good nose be willing for me to send some so maybe they can sort it out? If there is a company or something I can send them to, to find out, I’m willing to do that also.
Brandy

Hi Brandy! I looked on the Ulta sight for reviews of their Sweet Sunrise Bath Rocks, and fortuitously saw that someone had written in and asked what the scent of it was, and a staff member replied that it has "fruity floral top notes with main citrus notes of bergamot and orange, balanced with middle notes of light jasmine and lily". Too bad she didn't mention the bottom notes, though.

So.....it's a fruity/floral scent (I love fruity florals). I've never smelled Sweet Sunrise Bath Rocks, but what came to mind as I was reading the scent description is a fragrance oil that I have and love called Jasmine Grapefruit from Soapalooza. Soapalooza doesn't have a very good breakdown of all the different notes in it other than jasmine and grapefruit, but the scent description from JustScent's version (now discontinued apparently) lists the fruity top notes in theirs as being citrus based......pink grapefruit, lemon, and Valencia Orange; the floral middle notes...... white jasmine, water lilies and Parma violets; and the bottom notes..... green bouquet and exotic musk. Kinda similar to the Ulta rocks in the top and middle notes.

I don't know if Soapalooza's jasmine grapefruit smells the same as the Ulta bath rocks or anything close, but it's worth buying a sample to try because it's such a lovely fruity/floral scent.

IrishLass :)

Butterfly is probably the fragrance by Hana Mori (spelled something like that). I had a dupe of it years ago. A company called Scentworks had it, but they've been gone for a long time. They had some amazing perfume dupes I haven't been able to find since.:(

I think a few suppliers still have a Butterfly dupe, but I'm not sure.

IrishLass, thank you so much! I will definitely give Soapalooza a try. Even if that’s not the same it still sounds fantastic.

Carly B, oooh Scentworks I had many of her fo’s when I soaped a lot before. I was sad to come back to see her (& many others) gone. Now I’m just kinda bouncing around testing & trying from new(to me) places.
Shipping though.
Brandy

IrishLass, thank you so much! I will definitely give Soapalooza a try. Even if that’s not the same it still sounds fantastic.

Carly B, oooh Scentworks I had many of her fo’s when I soaped a lot before. I was sad to come back to see her (& many others) gone. Now I’m just kinda bouncing around testing & trying from new(to me) places.
Shipping though.
Brandy

I hate paying shipping costs, even though if they don't charge it's factored in to the price. I mostly get fragrances and micas from Nurture---she has the best Lush dupes as well as regular fragrances, (things on sale now because she's reformulating some) and gorgeous micas AND $30 gets you free shipping. She's quick too, with great customer service.

Edited to add the company name. Duh.

Last edited:
Orange Blossom FO from Candle Science has this description:
A uniquely balanced floral, Orange Blossom is fresh and sweet yet delicate. A beautiful fragrance for spring or summer, with top notes of bergamot and petitgrain , middle notes of jasmine and neroli, and a base of sandalwood and musk.

Hi! When the usage rate from candle science fragrances for cold process states that it is 3-6% how to do calculate that? Is it 3-6% of the weight of your oils or 3-6% of you total weight including lye and water? I tried to communicate with them but could not get a clear answer. How do you calculate the usage rate?
Thanks!

Hi! When the usage rate from candle science fragrances for cold process states that it is 3-6% how to do calculate that? Is it 3-6% of the weight of your oils or 3-6% of you total weight including lye and water? I tried to communicate with them but could not get a clear answer. How do you calculate the usage rate?
Thanks!
I always do it by percentage of the oil weights - I think that's the default setting in the soap calc so it must be right?

Latest posts

Back