Trying new (to me) things

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly B

Reaction score
I generally have either a tallow or a lard/tallow masterbatch on hand, but I decided to try some new things, both using and not using the masterbatch.

Below, from top to bottom:

1. My first soy wax soap. Scented with Nurture's Island Oasis, I poured it, well, glopped it really, into my 6" square slab mold, with some left over
for single cavity molds.

2. My first pure white soap, scented with, wait for it......BB's White Roses (discontinued). Although starting soapers are advised to do plain soap first, my first soap
several years ago was a scented three color side wall pour and I never looked back. So now it was time.

3. My first Secret Feather. I got a mini-tall skinny mold ( Love Your Suds Silicone Mini Tall Skinny Loaf Mold). It's a great
mold for experimenting--it holds ~14oz of oils and makes a ~20 oz batch. Scented with Nurture's Grapefruit Bergamot

4. My first couple pull-throughs. Spiral is scented with Nurture Clean Laundry and the floral one is scented with Oregon Trail's Mardi Gras.

I have way too much soap, and I haven't even started making the Christmas soaps.......

1658072114545.jpeg

Latest posts

Back