Trouble shooting, please help.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@GemstonePony my bad I have a hard time explaining but thank you so much for your patient :) I really appreciate your help. I will definitely try 33% lye concentration next time.
Glycerin rivers can form when the soap goes into gel and has a long time to cool down. The temperature you actually soap at has very little to do with it, particularly if you CPOP or force gel some other way.

@TheGecko ahh got it, thank you for the clarification! And will do, hopefully it turn out better next batch, I will keep you guys update :)
I just want to clarify that @TheGecko is talking about lye concentration and you are talking about water as a percentage of oils. It is always better to measure your water amount as a lye concentration or as a ratio (a 33% lye concentration is a 2:1 water to lye ratio) - Water as a percentage of oils doesn't make a lot of sense because water has nothing to do with oils and everything to do with lye. Welcome to the addiction!

I just want to clarify that @TheGecko is talking about lye concentration and you are talking about water as a percentage of oils. It is always better to measure your water amount as a lye concentration or as a ratio (a 33% lye concentration is a 2:1 water to lye ratio) - Water as a percentage of oils doesn't make a lot of sense because water has nothing to do with oils and everything to do with lye. Welcome to the addiction!
@linne1gi Thank you for pointing that out! I will use lye concentration from now on :)

I got this from Amazon and its seem to be working ok but do you think this is good enough for soap making?

Thanks again for your input, much appreciate,
Sas

View attachment 50746

This scale is perfect for soapmaking. I have been using the My Weigh scale for 5 years and really like it. I believe several soapmakers here at SMF use it as well.

Latest posts

Back