Tropical Scent - stand alone scent or blends - opinions & recommendations?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueRose

Reaction score
When it comes to tropical scents I am somewhat at a loss as what to choose or pick. I have a few people who have requested "tropical" but IDK what that means. I know that I want a good coconut and after reading many threads here my head is spinning when it comes to this scent. I've heard rave reviews of certain specific products and when I look at the website, the reviews are either 5 star or 1-2, and when this happens it seems to be the most recent posts with people complaining about "new batches" not being the same formulation as previous. If scent isn't a problem, then there is issue of discoloration, scent mutation with CP or total scent elimination with CP. AAAHHHH what a headache!

I have had success with fragrances from NaturesGarden (only FO's I've ever used actually) and I like Bulk Apoc products usually as well.

Can anyone give a definitive review of a coconut scent they have recently received that works well in CP?

Also, if someone asks for "tropical" scent, what would you think they mean? I mentioned citrus like orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit and I don't think that appealed to them. I guess something like mango is tropical, but what else may be good? Any suggestions?

I use Mango Sorbet from NG and my customers really seem to like it. I use it in CP, Sugar Scrubs and Body Butter. Haven't found a good Coconut for CP. There are also tropical florals like Pikkake Flower etc...I'm not a huge floral fan though. Pineapple Mango from WSP is nice though I haven't used it in CP yet. Only body butter.

I like guava mango from Mikes Fragrances. I'm going to mix it with his coconut and do HP with it. I don't like to do CP with coconut but I've had good results with HP. I've CP'd the guava mango and its nice. Like it in soap much better than OOB.

Those asking for tropical, I would ask what it means to them. Some it is coconut, some citrusy, then you have the florals. To each their own and some do even know.

Latest posts

Back