Quantcast

Triple rice soap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Dawni

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 15, 2018
Messages
3,181
Reaction score
4,796
Location
Philippines
Thank you for posting all of your experiments. I love trying new things! I do have a question. If using rice water only, how do you go about labeling them?
My rice water is 75% of the total, which leaves the puree at 25%. More or less same like Misschief, maybe 1:2.5 rice to water for the puree. Mine's smooth but thick.

@Misschief your label sounds better than mine lol - mine says rice water, rice puree, rice powder.

I haven't tried mine yet but looking forward to it. I had leftover slurry from that batch which I refrigerated... mixed in a bit of distilled water and blized it in the bullet and used it with my lye/water. Just single rice soap this time.
Oooh I'll be curious to know if you'll notice any difference in the triple or the single rice. I've been meaning to post about it but my tests got DOS, when I tried just one variable of rice each. Wanted to see which was making it a harder bar, and in my case, a more fluid one. I have a feeling its all three....
 

SPowers

Supporting Member
Joined
May 1, 2020
Messages
645
Reaction score
827
Location
Windsor
It will be awhile before I test it but will definitely report back. Im really just getting to try my earlier soaps - I tried one this morning and was pleasantly surprised how bubbly it was - it's the first bar I 'created' myself and I think it was before I started adding other ingredients for bubbles. I've since remade this recipe in my 'now' go-to recipe so I may have to rethink that!
 

beckster51

Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2014
Messages
219
Reaction score
236
I added 10 grams of the sweet rice flour to a 1000 gram batch of soap. When I cooked the rice, I cooked up a quarter cup of rice and saved the rinse water for dissolving the lye. Once the rice was cooked (in about 3 times the water required), I saved the water and blitzed the overcooked rice with enough of the water to make a slurry. I added 75 grams of the slurry to the soap batter.



Mine aren't ready to label just yet but I'll be labelling it as having rice water, cooked rice, and sweet rice flour.
Thank you, Misschief!
 

beckster51

Supporting Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2014
Messages
219
Reaction score
236
My rice water is 75% of the total, which leaves the puree at 25%. More or less same like Misschief, maybe 1:2.5 rice to water for the puree. Mine's smooth but thick.

Thank you so much, Dawni! I am looking forward to finding the time to make this soon.

@Misschief your label sounds better than mine lol - mine says rice water, rice puree, rice powder.


Oooh I'll be curious to know if you'll notice any difference in the triple or the single rice. I've been meaning to post about it but my tests got DOS, when I tried just one variable of rice each. Wanted to see which was making it a harder bar, and in my case, a more fluid one. I have a feeling its all three....
 

Latest posts

Top