Triple milk soaps from last market!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainycityjen

Reaction score
These are old soaps using my favorite recipe of the past year. I usually have trouble with my edges getting ashy and crumbly, and I'm an impatient un-molder. These soaps have a lovely smooth semi-opacity with no ash, and unmold beautifully with sodium lactate. Like most milk soaps they have wonderful creamy lather. The only thing is my micas/clays tend to become muted, because of the milk. Not a problem!

Kind of a simple formula though-
32% OO
25% PO
30% CO (not an issue for me)
8% Castor
5% Avocado

7% SF
33% lye concentration

For water sub 4 parts frozen goat milk to 1 part hydrated coconut milk powder to 1 part whole cow milk. Gradually mix in lye while in ice bath.

KBhfGo4.jpg

pink = grapefruit FO, cream on left = gardenia FO, cream in middle = citrus EO, brown on bottom = cedar & saffron FO

lTxiaDY.jpg

Grapefruit and green tea after unmolding. I love a sharp edge.

I actually like the muted colors a lot. I guess it may come from some marketing conditioning of sorts but I don't care. As long as a soap feels nice, I'm a happy camper.

Those are fantastic looking - the muted colors remind me of milk glass. I would not be able to resist running my finger across the sharp edge every time I saw them.

Back