Tried to make the "fishnet" polka dot soap.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TVivian

Reaction score
Ever since I saw the "fishnet" soap in Newbies soap pictures thread I've wanted to try my hand at making it.. This is what I got:

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1441490145.716527.jpg

The bars are SO soft that I couldn't plane it how I wanted (but I was anxious to see one!) the bars in the back are before planing. I'll give them another day or two and hopefully they'll look nicer than the one I did do.

Yours look WAY better than mine! The soap is really cute but after making it, doesn't it make you wonder how the heck that person could have gotten oblong shapes all with the same distance between every aspect of the light soap, all throughout the soap? and with no flattening of the shape from top to bottom? After trying 3 times, I'm still going with the water transfer explanation.

Thanks all!

Newbie, I'm definitely going to try it again. I was so nervous that my hands were shaking trying to squeeze the dots out. I want to try it with more of the white, smaller dots, and the darker part even more fluid. I used my regular recipe instead of a slow tracing one. I also think it may look better made in a loaf or small slab mold instead of individual molds.

I said "how the heck did she do that?!" Several times in the process!

I hope you'll post your other. I did one that was very fluid but the bottom dots got compressed at the bottom from the weight of the soap on top. I also did one on a angle to try to get oblongs instead of dots but that didn't work either. Can't wait to see your next go! Maybe you'll uncover the secret and be famous!

Awesome looking soap!

I have somehow missed this fishnet thread..where is it?

Great try! Thanks for sharing.
I never got around to try and make it.
I also think it's all in the soap.
Original might be poured at a slightly thiner trace. That might be the trick.
She probably practiced before, with different recipes etc, it can't be just one off and on the first try.

Well thanks folks!

I'll be trying it again. I agree this is a technique that one has to really repeat to work out the kinks. The bars look better as they wear down. I got around to planing the rest this morning and then rolled a couple of the bars around in water to smooth them down.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1441651028.274951.jpg

Back