Tried Out My New Mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I unmolded and cut these today. I LOVE this new 2 1/2 lb mold with the dividers from Nurture Soap. Although I’ve done this swirl with homemade dividers, this made it sooooo much easier and I love how you can make 3 or 4 sections. The soap released from the silicon liner so beautifully. I don’t mind lining molds, but this was pretty cool! Although I used a heating pad I don’t think it gelled. There aren’t any glycerin rivers. I also mixed the TD with glycerin this time so not sure if that made a difference.
74369904-12D1-4F31-B1DB-5A333315AE9B.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks! I’m on a make-my-own budget for right now. But, this is on my list of next items to get!
Sometimes a lumber company will cut the wood you buy from them, in the sizes that you want.

Another thing that you can do is go to hobby lobby and buy basswood. It is easy to cut and you can glue the pieces together if you aren't good at nailing like me. It is not as good at keeping the heat in.

You can also buy the silicone liner and use heavy cardboard and duct tape a box together to keep your mold from collapsing. I have did this with my half moon plastic mold because it had a round bottom.

Latest posts

Back