Tried Out My New Mold

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I unmolded and cut these today. I LOVE this new 2 1/2 lb mold with the dividers from Nurture Soap. Although I’ve done this swirl with homemade dividers, this made it sooooo much easier and I love how you can make 3 or 4 sections. The soap released from the silicon liner so beautifully. I don’t mind lining molds, but this was pretty cool! Although I used a heating pad I don’t think it gelled. There aren’t any glycerin rivers. I also mixed the TD with glycerin this time so not sure if that made a difference. 74369904-12D1-4F31-B1DB-5A333315AE9B.jpeg

Last edited:

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Beautiful soap and colours. :thumbs:

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at Nurture molds, but they don’t seem to have any with dividers available on their site.

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been looking at Nurture molds, but they don’t seem to have any with dividers available on their site.
Possibly they are just out for the moment. I would hope it’s not because they aren’t going to carry them anymore. Maybe send them an email and ask if they will I be restocking them?

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the one I got and it’s available now. As well as the dividers. It’s a pricey set, but so incredibly well made and worth it IMO.

TashaBird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the one I got and it’s available now. As well as the dividers. It’s a pricey set, but so incredibly well made and worth it IMO.
Thanks! I’m on a make-my-own budget for right now. But, this is on my list of next items to get!

Todd Ziegler

Reaction score
Thanks! I’m on a make-my-own budget for right now. But, this is on my list of next items to get!
Sometimes a lumber company will cut the wood you buy from them, in the sizes that you want.

Another thing that you can do is go to hobby lobby and buy basswood. It is easy to cut and you can glue the pieces together if you aren't good at nailing like me. It is not as good at keeping the heat in.

You can also buy the silicone liner and use heavy cardboard and duct tape a box together to keep your mold from collapsing. I have did this with my half moon plastic mold because it had a round bottom.