Trial by Fire red mica line?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used it and not had an issue with bleeding. I find it to be very true red.

Attachments

• A5F155F1-D4C4-418E-A6FF-07DA7C360CF1.jpeg
    A5F155F1-D4C4-418E-A6FF-07DA7C360CF1.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 17
Do have any issues with the lather being red? I'm concerned that some customers would be turned off by that...
You should always thoroughly test your recipes before selling them. So if you're concerned about lather staining, get a white washcloth and test it.
I wouldn't say customers are worried about the lather color but if it stains they naturally will be upset.

Garlic grater with little pressure works reasonable too, as a first step. If the soap is hard enough to start with.
Sounds interesting but it's not the most practical step for those with hand/joint issues. I'd probably use a food proceesor to further process grated soap, if I still had my cheese grater.

You should always thoroughly test your recipes before selling them. So if you're concerned about lather staining, get a white washcloth and test it.
I wouldn't say customers are worried about the lather color but if it stains they naturally will be upset.
I always test my soaps for sure. Lather is a bit pink in this batch but no staining. Just wasn't sure if some color in lather was a turnoff. This is the first time I've used red mica so I thought I'd ask the forum. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20211130_191719984.jpg
    IMG_20211130_191719984.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 18
Test in on an old towel. If it stains, don't sell it. I got a permanent red stain on a white towel from a commercial glycerin soap that looked like some sort of strawberry dessert.

Garlic grater with little pressure works reasonable too, as a first step. If the soap is hard enough to start with.

Bright colours shifting to pastels with milling grade is expected (due to extra surfaces), but it will go away when covered with new soap batter (less light scattering). Think of stones that get darker when wet.
Thank you! I learned something new today, and it's not even 8am! Haha

@Mobjack Bay thanks for the soap parmesan/dust idea I'll have to try n see if that works for HP soap

That is a beautiful bright soap ❤ With that soap, you had no color to the lather?
TBH, it was over a year ago that I made this, but I’m positive I would remember staining. Light lather color wouldn’t stick out to me as I don’t find that to be a huge issue and often get it with my blues and charcoal, but I have never experienced staining.

TBH, it was over a year ago that I made this, but I’m positive I would remember staining. Light lather color wouldn’t stick out to me as I don’t find that to be a huge issue and often get it with my blues and charcoal, but I have never experienced staining.
So good to hear. Still relatively new to soaping and these are the things that I second guess myself about. Your positive reinforcement helps me stay on course. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back