Tray mould with dividers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lo all

Just wondering what we consider to be a good price for acryllic forms with dividers? I found this -

http://www.manske-shop.com/Blockformen-und-Dividor/dividor-18.html

which should give me bars of my usual size (8x5x2 cms) but I'm not entirely sold on the price. I do want a tray mould like this, but is this one way over priced?

Been struggling to find them this side of the pond, I have to say.

Roughly $105 US. To me, pricey. To others, maybe not so much. BB has one for less, but it doesn't include the bottom tray, available at additional cost. Not really out of line if it is a quality piece. Not too much at all if you really want it and can't find the equivalent available to you elsewhere.
I'm thinking of the guy in the alley: "Psst, hey, buddy. I've got what ya want, but it's gonna cost ya!"

http://www.brambleberry.com/18-Bar-Unfinished-Birchwood-Mold-P5168.aspx

Last edited:
I have absolutely no idea if that's a good or bad price but that mould looks awesome. Really looks like a clever design. I'm getting mould envy.

I know! The BB one with the wood looks great, too. But I want this one AND my super 50€ scale. The Admirable Lady will take some convincing...................

Simply promote the benefits she will enjoy from quality products made with quality equipment in the neverending pursuit of ageless beauty. The Admirable Lady may not be the type but I know some who would have trucks backing up and dumping the latest and greatest at your doorstep and cheering you on. :grin:

I have one very similar to the one you've posted and I like it a lot. I just put a baking sheet in the bottom and spray the whole thing with cooking spray. I only use it for salt bars now though and remove them after about 1 1/2-2 hours while still warm. I did make regular soap in them but sometimes had trouble getting it off the dividers. Heating it in a warm oven from 10 minutes did help some.

oh that mold looks heaven! the BB one is similar, and there's a sili liner to match it. i wanna get that one someday :D

if i were you, i would try to convince TAL with all my mighty power and buy that mold

my slab mold is plastic and i gotta line it every time otherwise the soap is stuck. it's a lot cheaper AUD 50-ish i think.

Very likely, Candybee - I was thinking of going for the one from Germany. Had a look at them as a supplier in general and for a lot of the things that I buy they are HALF THE PRICE of my regular. Can't get everything, it seems, so I'll email and see if they can stock some more items :)

Latest posts

Back