Travelling Faux Funnel

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soap Techniques

Reaction score
Several months ago I saw this amazing soap made by La Perle:
https://www.instagram.com/p/7CCaFzLSMH/
I fell in love with it and tried right away to make something similar, so here were my first 2 attemps at this soap technique.

This one is scented with brambleberry's Kumquat:
Kumquat%2B-%2BCP%2Bsoap%2B-%2BFaux%2BFunnel.jpg

The 2nd soap is scented with daystar's Paradise, I call it "carnival": :D
travelling-funnel-soap-technique-2.jpg

Nice! I especially like the kumquat. I would have called that one a wall pour, but the second one does seems a little different. I guess some pours are made away from the wall too?

Do you mind telling us how the travelling faux funnel swirl works?

Based on the name and the look I'd guess that it's the faux funnel swirl, but moving the point of the pour every 2 times?

Eric

Do you mind telling us how the travelling faux funnel swirl works?

Based on the name and the look I'd guess that it's the faux funnel swirl, but moving the point of the pour every 2 times?

Eric
I was also wondering how to do the traveling faux funnel swirl. Those are gorgeous soaps and I especially like the second one with all the bright colors. Would be fun to try

Thank you everybody! :)

Both designs are beautiful and the name carnival is very apt! Are those neon colors? Never bought neons before because I didn't think I'd like them but...:think:!
No, I found that many neon colors are bleeding, so I stopped using them. The colors used were all mica from Nurture Soap.

Nice! I especially like the kumquat. I would have called that one a wall pour, but the second one does seems a little different. I guess some pours are made away from the wall too?

No, neither is the wall pour, it's the same technique for the both soaps just the trace was different.

I love the La Perle one. Had it in the browsing soap thread and I have kept the picture because I LOVE IT. I just posted another soap made with the same technique, which was made by Saponeta. It can sure make a beautiful swinging pattern. Love your soaps as well and the carnival one is incredibly cheery.

Will put the technique on the list for future challenges.

Love these!! I've an exam in 3 weeks and I always 'treat' myself on the afternoon of the exam by making a batch (or two), this technique is definitely one I'm going to try.

Latest posts

Back