Travel size soap packaging

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that idea! I may borrow it for my Airbnb. How great would it be for them to choose their own toiletries?
Right? I was thinking at that time, that if I ever do open up a hotel, which will never happen, that's what I'd do haha.

Not sure about most men, but we ladies absolutely loved the experience. They had samples out that you can take n sniff to decide which ones you want and it took me and another lady there forever to check out each one haha

I’ve found that men are pretty particular about their frangrance. Maybe my audience is a bit skewed toward gay but even still - we men tend to have preferences as well. I’ve found the universal sweet spot is citrus and tropical fragrances as they tend to play well with all audiences. I’ve found that many women don’t like florals which is fine with me!

I'm one who doesn't like florals! I make soap with a blend with geranium EO for my mother and always wrinkle my nose when I use it lol

Most men I've met are more particular with the fragrance they use after they bathe, like my SO and my teenager, not during haha but I have met some who are choosy with bath product scents, my dad being one of them.

What I wasn't sure is that process of "shopping" for your hotel stuff. I had both my dad and my teenage son with me that time and both couldn't be bothered, would much rather see the room, and left the choosing to me. The other lady's husband was the same lol

Oh I've been meaning to ask, which one are you in the pic? Left or right? Hehe

I'm one who doesn't like florals! I make soap with a blend with geranium EO for my mother and always wrinkle my nose when I use it lol

Most men I've met are more particular with the fragrance they use after they bathe, like my SO and my teenager, not during haha but I have met some who are choosy with bath product scents, my dad being one of them.

What I wasn't sure is that process of "shopping" for your hotel stuff. I had both my dad and my teenage son with me that time and both couldn't be bothered, would much rather see the room, and left the choosing to me. The other lady's husband was the same lol

Oh I've been meaning to ask, which one are you in the pic? Left or right? Hehe
I’m the one on the left. My husband is the handsome one!

I’m the one on the left. My husband is the handsome one!
You're both handsome! So there!

And I, too, have noticed that some men (certainly not all) are very particular about fragrance if they're given a choice. I know that my husband is and I have a number of male customers who take forever to make their choices. I'm often surprised by their choices, too. The more popular fragrances, I find, are the ones I would consider his 'n hers, neither masculine or feminine.

As for floral, I have a few customers, mainly older women, who adore the florals. I'm not one of them.

According to their website they grind up and sanitize all soap and test for all known pathogens and viruses.

well good cuz I thought that was really gross but...…………………….with all that testing you'd think it would just be cheaper to send new soap?

See maybe it's the different thought process amongst Australians, but I am finding more and more Airbnbs that have a full size handmade soap bar in the bathrooms for people to reuse. I use it without the heebie geebies. It's soap, it's naturally self cleaning. Less packaging, less waste.

I charge $75 cleaning fee...I am only guessing - but I would imagine our guest would question why they weren’t given a full bar (regardless of size) given our somewhat steep fees. :smallshrug:

Latest posts

Back