Transparent and CP layered

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommycarlson

Reaction score
I make my own transparent soap, I'm also a CP soaper, I have seen some beautiful soaps that look like there is a layer of sand on the bottom (I'm assuming CP) and then some MP soap on top that looks like water. My question is, if I make my own CP soap for the bottom and then make some of my own transparent soap, can I then pour the transparent soap on top of the CP? Will they adhere to each other? Should I make the CP soap a few hours or just a few minutes ahead of attempting the transparent on top? Thank you for your help! :)

I make my own transparent soap, I'm also a CP soaper, I have seen some beautiful soaps that look like there is a layer of sand on the bottom (I'm assuming CP) and then some MP soap on top that looks like water. My question is, if I make my own CP soap for the bottom and then make some of my own transparent soap, can I then pour the transparent soap on top of the CP? Will they adhere to each other? Should I make the CP soap a few hours or just a few minutes ahead of attempting the transparent on top? Thank you for your help! :)

If your transparent soap is like MP soap, it can be difficult to stick CP and MP together. In that case, I would suggest using TD in combination with other micas to turn your transparent soap opaque for that bottom layer to ensure it all adheres well!

Thank you PJ, this is not MP soap, and it doesn't sweat like MP. I have not made MP soap but my SIL did give me some bars that I melted down and used as embeds in one batch, that is my "experience" with MP. After melting it, it sweated terribly while sitting waiting for me to make my CP batch. I know this won't be an issue with my homemade transparent soap, but I just wondered if anyone else has done this and if there was anything special I needed to do?

Latest posts

Back