transparency is not there in my shower gel

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattanjeet

Reaction score
I am making the shower gel and its transparent as well in its first phase, But in the second phase, I add preservatives , fragrance and colour it looses its transparency. am somehow not achieving what I have been wanting. in fact I would like to share the look of the Gel i made just now. Can anyone pls suggest how can I get the transparency.I think it's happening beacuse of the preservative I use I.e sodium benzoate . Here is the picture

Attachments

• 16229234453656204045189118607860.jpg
    16229234453656204045189118607860.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 14
If you are making lye-based shower gel vs. a syndet, you may just want to wait it out. Sometimes it clears all by itself in time. Give it a full 2-weeks sequester to see what happens. There are a number of issues that can affect transparency. it would be most helpful if you could post your recipe. ;)

Certain fragrance oils will cloud no matter what. Have you tried a different fragrance?

Since this is in the lye-based soap area instead of the area where we discuss syndets, I'm going to assume that it's a lye based liquid soap. If it is, listen to Zany. If it's not, if this is a syndet instead, it's in the wrong area and a mod will need to move it to the Bath and Body Forum area. @Rattanjeet You'll need to hit the "report" link at the bottom of your post and ask a mod to move it, in that case.

Latest posts

Back