Trace Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolladylisa

Reaction score
Hello. I started making my own soap a few weeks ago and I love it! I am totally hooked!! I am using the cold process method and have tried several different recipes. However, every batch I make takes me at least 2 to 4 hours just to get to a light trace. I am wanting to try some different designs and some piping but I just can't get my batter thick enough. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to reach trace quicker? I would greatly appreciate ideas!!:smile:

I don't have a stick blender yet but I'm using a hand blender and rotating stirring with a fork. I've tried a couple different recipes. The last one I used was 25 ozs olive oil, 10 ozs coconut oil, 15 ozs walmart GV shortening, 2 ozs castor, 5.3 ozs lye and 10.6 ozs of water

You are not doing anything wrong, when using a traditional mixer or hand mixing it will take at least an hour (even with a quick tracing formula) to get to trace. Look in second hand stores for a stick blender. You can usually get them for around $5. You will be amazed at how quickly you will get trace.

Ok. That makes me happy!!! I am planning on getting one as soon as possible!! Thanks so much!!:grin:

Latest posts

Back