tour here this weekend - pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodi

Reaction score
It's 8PM and I'm bushed..... almost ready. The tour is described here:

http://www.brookevalleyspringtour.ca

Here are a few pics inside my place tonight, if you care to take a peek:

My livingroom has been turned into a soap selling studio. Here's a view from top of stairs.

stairview.jpg

My Ikea soap stand, which has been through so many shows the bolt holes are now stripped. DH says he's going to burn it on Tuesday, he is that tired of setting it up and insists this is our last open house tour.

MySoapStand.jpg

and closer:

CloseView.jpg

a peek behind the stand, where soap for refilling is stored:

behindStand.jpg

and the cash setup, with laptop for Visa transactions. There's a printer on the second shelf, not shown.

CashStand.jpg

Two long tables are set up for a jeweler, and a honey/herbs seller.

2OtherTbls.jpg

and a hammock maker will suspend some chairs in the porch:

PorchforMalc.jpg

more pics to come after tour. Rain forecast though. :?

Thanks for sharing! It's a real thrill for hobbyists like me to see what professionals are doing. Lookin' good Diane! :)

woodi,

i always luv seeing pictures of your home and how you set this up every year.

please post more of all the hustle and bustle afterwards.

tell crawford we luv him and his craftsmanship, but most of all because he is an excellent hubby for helping you get ready.

it could be worse he could be down here in michigan working on my never ending hunny dew list of woodworking projects i have for him when you loan him out to those of us less fortunate to have a hubby with woodworking skills. :lol:

hope you have an awesome weekend.
barb

Thanks for sharing Diane. I really enjoyed looking at the pictures.

Hope you have a good weekend and keep us posted.

Laurie

Your place looks beautiful and so do your soaps! Best of luck Woodi! Let us know how you do.

Barb said:
woodi,

i always luv seeing pictures of your home and how you set this up every year.

please post more of all the hustle and bustle afterwards.

tell crawford we luv him and his craftsmanship, but most of all because he is an excellent hubby for helping you get ready.

it could be worse he could be down here in michigan working on my never ending hunny dew list of woodworking projects i have for him when you loan him out to those of us less fortunate to have a hubby with woodworking skills. :lol:

hope you have an awesome weekend.
barb

I agree I watch you set up every year for this..it seem like it came quick this year... Good Luck! Let us know how it goes!

There was pics from the front of the house last year. Wasnt there a wooden chair out there? Did you do anything to the front of the house this year?

awesome!! How do you set up your cpu for credit card transactions??

How do you set up your cpu for credit card transactions??

Ian: we have an account with an online bank (Internet Secure) for our soapmaker website. Their primary business is internet-based sales. We use this same account with a card-swipe terminal, which we bought from them. It's kind of an add-on; so unless you have an account already set up, it wouldn't be viable.

If you don't already have a setup like ours, you would need to deal with a banking company that offers true point-of-sale service.

Woodi - How wonderful!!!!

So...............how much do you charge for room and board? :wink: I am thinking a vacation at your place would suit me just fine. :lol: :lol:

Digit

digit: I can use some help planting a garden, so if you come this week, room and board in trade for your labour would about cover it!

digit: I can use some help planting a garden, so if you come this week, room and board in trade for your labour would about cover it!

Day 2 of show was best, cuz it was the only day (of three) that it didn't rain. Soap and jewelry sold very well. The hammock guy was disappointed that he didn't sell any hammocks, but he has more shows lined up for summertime.

Day2ST.jpg

I bought one chair from him after counting my profits. I usually buy from other vendors if I do better than they do; try to keep things fair.

DiHammock.jpg

Woodi said:

Well....darn, this week I am running out between rain drops trying to get mine in shape.

jadiebugs1 - maybe it can be converted into a sling shot thingy. Woodi would need to it launch me out, saying I over stayed my visit and asking how did I use 5 bars of soap in 2 days??? :lol:

Latest posts

Back