Tote Bags for Christmas Gift Exchange

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JanelleTrebuna

Reaction score
I've been working on tote bags for an upcoming Christmas gift exchange at my church since July.
I made a total of 5 and will share two of my favorites (so you don't get picture overload :) )
I dyed the teal fabric on the black and white polka dot bag; wrapping the fabric around coarse ropes and twisting it.
The other bag has cute little forest animals and is based on the Tikki Tote pattern by Angela Walters.

tote bag- polka dots black and white and teal blue.jpg
tote bag- larger forest animals.jpg

They are great and I am sure whoever receives them will be very happy. I really wish I could learn to like sewing.

Thank you. :) I'm color motivated. I think that is why I love dyeing fabric, making soap, and quilting/sewing. I'm also very tactile. So fiber arts appeal to me.

Love the patchwork bag, I hope they all put in the effort for the swap :).
I probably went overboard. I just really fell in love with the piecing. The other women are more pinterest craftsy. I think next year I will make soap. I'm pretty confident with my basic recipe and if I practice with colorants, I should be able to make some a gift-swap worthy soaps by then. :)

I didn't get picture over load. (hint, hint!)

Here are two more. The dark blue and burgundy is the first I made (same Tikki Tote pattern). I actually pieced it at a campground in Indiana when dh and I were out in our trailer for a couple of days.
The other is made from the same jelly roll strips as the larger Tikki Tote Forest animal one. It is a more scrappy patchwork type tote. I even made the straps scrappy.

Janelle

Attachments

• tote bag- original blues and burgundys.jpg
    tote bag- original blues and burgundys.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 12
  • tote bag-small patchwork.jpg
    tote bag-small patchwork.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
I bet everyone loved their totes, you did such a great job!

Back