Totally freaking out!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best Natural Soap

Reaction score
Ok.

A vendor coordinator for a very large show (9 days, 250,000 people), has emailed me three times now begging me to participate. She lowered the booth fee for me- and is offering me an indoor a/c'd space for half the price of a usual outdoor one. My family and I have attended this fair for 14 years, so we know it's a good one- no issues there. The best thing?? There are no other soap crafters. I'd have no competition.

BUT- I have to get some serious product made up!!!

I've never masterbatched lye before-
When you make a masterbatch, and it cools... does it need to be rewarmed to use it? Or, as I'm assuming (and hoping), can I just heat my oils, and count on them to warm the lye as well.

I usually pour at about 103-113. Cooler than that sets up too quickly for me to get all the goodies in (color, scent, scrubbies, etc).

AHHH!!! My brain is shutting down- so I'm counting on all of you to think for me!!!
:)
Thanks a bunch!

County Fair?

If it's the large one in Maryland you might want to think twice.
Dig through the threads and see if you can find the from another soaper maybe a year ago. She was lured into the Montgomery County Fair. Spent a BUNDLE on booth fees, had to pay someone to cover part of the time and still didn't sell enough to cover the costs.

Really? Thanks for the heads up....
I should know to be suspicious when something sounds too good to be true.
If you happen to see the thread-- will you pm me?
I'm searching...
thanks--
:)

Found it-!!!
I searched for Montgomery County Fair and it came up right away--
the title says it all- Country Fair Disaster. (I think I'm missing a word in there) but anyway- not good, huh.

They require all outside vendors to rent a tent now-- can't bring your own- and it's $165 for that! Also, vendors must carry $1 million in liability insurance. I was thinking the inside a/c thing sounded good, but not if they stick me in a basement corner!!

Hmm. I need to reevaluate.

We have quite a few little shows close by- less money invested, and well attended by people who like inexpensive luxuries! :)

Latest posts

Back