Totally excited!

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

TeresaT

I see you.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I made a white gardenia flower scented soap for my cousin today and I must say I am quite proud of how it looks so far. I divided the batter in half and used TD for one and black oxide for the other. I poured the batter into a 2# loaf mold with a home made divider. Then I used my spatula to make some 180 degree counter clockwise swirls & clockwise swirls in the batter. (I should have just stuck with one direction.). Then I spooned the rest of the batter on top of that and played around with some swirls. I think it looks great. I covered it with plastic and stuck it in the oven. The oven was at about 192 when I put it in (and turned it off). I just checked it. The oven is 84 and the soap is 96. It's doing well, I think. The plastic is still clean, so there was no overheating that I can tell. I'm going to take a nap, then make another batch this evening. Hot process this time. BTW: the FO came from WSP (got it during their 25% sale) and it does accelerate a bit. However, I had no real problems because I only SBd to emulsion before I added my colors. So, if you are planning on using that FO, be aware of that.

Then I used my spatula to make some 180 degree counter clockwise swirls & clockwise swirls in the batter. (I should have just stuck with one direction).
. Here's a picture.

image.jpg

image.jpg

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Please show us a picture when you cut the soap. We love pictures.:D

commoncenz

Reaction score
That is a verry nice looking loaf of soap. Pictures when cut are definitely called for.

galaxyMLP

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like it will be super cool when cut! Make sure to update with another picture!

TeresaT

I see you.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Here are the photos. I cut them too soon. The colors smeared. Also, I think there is way too much colorant in there. I think there is going to be staining. I'll figure it out when it is cured. If it stains, I'll rebatch it and add it to a batch the same size without colorants. The problem with that is it will end up a muddled grey. Not a great color for "White Gardenia Flowers" FO.

Cut bars close.JPG

Cut bars distant.JPG

Cut top.JPG

not_ally

Reaction score
Teresa, I always have problems w/black, ie; no matter what I do if I get it dark enough to be happy with, it has colored lather. I have kind of just accepted that as the cost of a nice dark black.

jules92207

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty! I love black and white soaps.

I often do a wash of them after they get a bit firmer. Newbie posted a thread about it a while back. It usually helps me clean up the smears and the colors pop more.