Total Newbie!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roisin75

Reaction score
Hi there,

Thank you for letting me join the group.

I have been talked into making my sons christmas gifts for his school friends and he wants to make soap for the girls!

Now I am a crafty person, though my love is fabric, I wont say no to trying this out, even though it fills me with fear lol.

Going by what I have read M&P seems the best option for me is this right? also he wants to add the chocolate orange scent as in the UK we had handwash with that scent and kids loved washing their hands with it.

Has anyone got any tips or pointers for me, I think I will be making a maximum of about 10 - oh yes I will also be adding a shopkin in each bar :-?

Any help would be fab, this isnt a business for me, I struggle running the other two businesses and a household as it is lol

Thank you all so much

Roisin x

Are you in the US? What part of the country? If you are close to any suppliers we can point you to a goof supplier and might save you some on shipping.

M&P is a good way to go for things like this. And you never know it might be a gateway into other things down the road!.

Hey and welcome!

No suggestions on M & P, as I don't make it, but I would at least make him help me make it.

Yes he will be helping me for sure, he is very excited lol

Are you in the US? What part of the country? If you are close to any suppliers we can point you to a goof supplier and might save you some on shipping.

M&P is a good way to go for things like this. And you never know it might be a gateway into other things down the road!.

Hi thank you for replying, no I am in the UK - I shall have a more of a hunt shortly thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum! You may want to start a new thread and call it something like "UK Newbie looking for M&P sources and tips". That's kind of long, sorry! That will help the "right" folks - meaning UK folks who do M&P and can tell you where to find good stuff! The majority of us are in the US, but we do have some very knowledgeable folks in Europe.

Gracefruit is a supplier I see recommended by a lot of UK soapers. They have fragrances and M&P. Good luck!

Kids love the "toy in m&p soap" thing. However, I don't know how old the kids are, but be prepared for them to just dig the Shopkins out of the soap, then throw the soap away. So maybe consider a using a small mold - so the money you spend on the m&p base isn't completely wasted. Our girls is 9, and she and her friends still dig the toys out and scrap the soap.

Some of my daughter's favorite melt and pour soaps were ones that had a rubber duck that sat on top. Just another idea for one that might last longer than a toy all the way in the soap.

Welcome, I started with melt & pour before but I don't use colour or anything just plain melt & pour with scent. I use this for almost a year before I started cold process and hot process soap

Latest posts

Back