Tortillas w/ cheese

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
Hey Lane,
Ever since you posted your son's diet consists mostly cheese quesadillas, I have had 1 every day! A tortilla, folded in half w/ a slice of cheese in the middle & slighly toasted in the toaster oven for 3 minutes. I am obsessed!

We went out tonight and ate at a Tex-Mex restaurant we love. Tonight I should have just ate a home made cheese quesadilla too. :lol: Calling for Tumms for the tummy! :lol:

Tabitha said:
Hey Lane,
Ever since you posted your son's diet consists mostly cheese quesadillas, I have had 1 every day! A tortilla, folded in half w/ a slice of cheese in the middle & slighly toasted in the toaster oven for 3 minutes. I am obsessed!
Haha! It ireally is all my son will eat! For lunch today he was feeling rather bold and had me put peanut butter on one half and shred some colby-jack cheese, fold it up, without warming it up...and he ate the whole thing... I guess it's extra protein... :lol:

I often have a tortilla with cheese, nuked 1 minute for lunch.

I have to think about the cheese and peanut butter, though. Peanut butter and chocolate......yes. Cream cheese......yes. Colby? Hmmmmmmm

Digit

Try your quesadillas sometime with some Ortega diced green chiles spread on the cheese before you heat the whole thing up. :)

Of course that makes them a bit more spicy and probably some people like the simple blandness of plain cheese quesadillas. YMMV

Lovehound said:
Try your quesadillas sometime with some Ortega diced green chiles spread on the cheese before you heat the whole thing up. :)

Of course that makes them a bit more spicy and probably some people like the simple blandness of plain cheese quesadillas. YMMV

Sounds good Greg. :) I like using pepper-jack in mine, then some Pace hot sauce on top....yum, yum!

Lovehound said:

I swear I read "Oreos" instead of "Ortega". :lol:

Digit

Soapmaker Man said:
Sounds good Greg. :) I like using pepper-jack in mine, then some Pace hot sauce on top....yum, yum!

i have a pepperjack and wholewheat organic bread sandwhich for lunch everyday. gawd...i love that cheese!

If you want a healthier alternative to him eating tortillas, grab some made of whole wheat and some low fat or fat free cheese so that he is getting some whole grain in there.

zajanatural said:
If you want a healthier alternative to him eating tortillas, grab some made of whole wheat and some low fat or fat free cheese so that he is getting some whole grain in there.
With his diet, he NEEDS the fats. :D He mostly eats whole grain foods. I was THRILLED when they came out with Whole Grain Goldfish :D

Lane said:
zajanatural said:
With his diet, he NEEDS the fats. :D He mostly eats whole grain foods. I was THRILLED when they came out with Whole Grain Goldfish :D

My son is the same way. He never eats with everyone is eating, lol. The other day I baked a German Chocolate cake (a big feat for me because the only thing I usually bake around here is soap.) My daughter and my son helped me with the mixing, pouring etc (they are 5 and 3.) Finished baking it, he was so excited about baking a cake. Low an behold, I put a slice in front of him and I hear "I don't want it!" and he promptly left the table. Go figure!

They will be the boys who will be cleaning our refrigerators out when they get older. Those whole gran goldfish are yum.

Give me anything and Ill put it in a quesadilla....

ever tried glazed duck and brie cheese quesadilla....hhhhooohohohoooooo....

or make some mango chutney and sautee up some chicken in coconut oil and curry and some other hispanic/indian spices and make a quesadilla with it (the chutney on the side...not inside)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

or straight up either caramelized bermuda (purple) onion...or bermuda onion and steak/chicken....

oooh I how I wish I got out of work tonight before the store closed!!....

Back