Top, middle and base notes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you asking for essential oils? If so, try this soap-specific resource from Jan Berry for some ideas. (Goes to a pdf)

https://thenerdyfarmwife.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Essential-Oils-Soapmaking.pdf
Guidelines for perfumes are not necessarily reliable for soap because perfumes don’t go through saponification and are kept in closed bottles.

I also suggest that you read this post to learn which EOs hold up in soap based on the experiences of members of this forum.

Edited to add: when using essential oils for soap making, be aware that they are active compounds and should be used within skin safe limits. You can learn more about essential oil safety at the AromaWeb website and at EOCalc.com, where you will also find guidance on safe usage levels for soap and other products. They even provide a calculator for checking the safe usage of your own blends. In addition, look for IFRA data and other technical support documents from the seller. These documents are usually linked from the webpage

Last edited:
Are you asking for essential oils? If so, try this soap-specific resource from Jan Berry for some ideas. (Goes to a pdf)

https://thenerdyfarmwife.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Essential-Oils-Soapmaking.pdf
Guidelines for perfumes are not necessarily reliable for soap because perfumes don’t go through saponification and are kept in closed bottles.

I also suggest that you read this post to learn which EOs hold up in soap based on the experiences of members of this forum.

Edited to add: when using essential oils for soap making, be aware that they are active compounds and should be used within skin safe limits. You can learn more about essential oil safety at the AromaWeb website and at EOCalc.com, where you will also find guidance on safe usage levels for soap and other products. They even provide a calculator for checking the safe usage of your own blends. In addition, look for IFRA data and other technical support documents from the seller. These documents are usually linked from the webpage
Thanks for replying!
Yes i knew about the skin safe limits and being able to check the ifra if unsure.
Yes i meant for EO's. I will check out those other links you sent me! Thanks again

Thanks for replying!
Yes i knew about the skin safe limits and being able to check the ifra if unsure.
Yes i meant for EO's. I will check out those other links you sent me! Thanks again
Wow that link is really helpful!

That's a great resource - thank you Mobjack. Is it in the fragrance forum as well? It would be a good sticky.

Latest posts

Back