Toothpaste Soap Bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, this is an interesting idea! Anyone else use a kind of soap for toothpaste? How is it? I’m intrigued!!
Full ingredient list: Organic Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Hydroxide (not present in final product), Aloe Vera, Essential oils (Orange & Peppermint)

Brushing Your Teeth with Soap? Try Tooth Suds - Natural Toothpaste Soap
There a few threads about tooth soap a while back (just do a quick search). I've made it but have since dropped it. One of my neighbours said he loved it but one customer doesn't make it worthwhile. I ended up using peanut oil as I'd read that it tastes better in the final product.

ETA: (from one of my blog posts) Mine was a peanut oil based soap that contains xylitol, activated charcoal, calcium carbonate, as well as peppermint and anise oils.

I make our toothpaste using many of the same ingredients as Misschief, plus some magnesium, bentonite clay, ground cloves, and EOS of myrrh, manuka, peppermint, and sweet orange. No soap - tried it and didn't like it.

To create a paste, I used to stir fractionated CO into the mixed powders. However, when I made my last batch, I accidentally grabbed the little bottle of vodka that I use for making a different body care product. It is the same size and shape as the FCO bottle that sits right next to it. Turns out I like the toothpaste with vodka better than FCO or any other liquid oil. Way less mess in the sink! I did have to use more flavoring to get rid of the vodka taste.

Thank you. I’ll check them out. I should have known to search first. I don’t get surprised too often. I’m curious about using coconut oil with a high SF. CO Is supposed to be great for teeth and gums.
You can only use certain oils... like olive or peanut oil or it taste like soap... like your parental unit washing your mouth out with soap. Surprisingly the olive oil and wee bit of Shea butter soap I made has no yucky soap taste!

Back