Tooth tablets anyone know anything

Discussion in 'Other Crafts and DIY Projects' started by Soapymumma, Aug 27, 2019.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Aug 27, 2019 #1

Soapymumma

Soapymumma

Soapymumma

in our continued effort to reduce what we purchase with plastic, I’m now at Toothpaste. We’ve tried the powder. Been making it for a few years. Find it incredibly messy, so the need to clean the basin is a constant struggle.

I’ve recently found tooth tablets. There appear to be a few on the market but I found one that uses SCI. I bought them and we all like them the best. Looking at the ingredients, they don’t look too difficult. Does anyone have any experience making tablets? I know it’s a long shot ;) I imagine purchasing a pill press is needed - which aren’t too expensive. But I welcome any advice and tips as I travel down this rabbit hole
    :rolling:

2. Aug 27, 2019 #2

BattleGnome

BattleGnome

BattleGnome

I made a test batch once using a clean lip balm tray. I copied the idea from a bath bomb pastille recipe I found (I think it was wholesale supplies plus). I think Lush also offers a tooth tablet idea if you need alternate ingredient ideas. Listerine recently came out with a mouth wash tablet that follows a similar concept (but their ingredients list more sugars than I’d be comfortable with for actual brushing).

If tablets don’t work out for you then you could look into the idea of tooth soap. There were a few threads a while back that talked about the idea

Soapymumma and artemis like this.
  3. Aug 27, 2019 #3

Soapymumma

Soapymumma

Soapymumma

Thank you. I’ll check out those suggestions. Appreciate any and all information.