Tooth Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubli

Reaction score
I have been using tooth soap shreds from my own hand made cp soap. I add several drops of Thieves oil after its shredded, shake it up , and its AWSOME! Will never use toothpaste again, After reading all the terrible things toothpaste ingredients can do(even "supposed all natural"). Got a little of my initial question there....I just tried the liquid home made recipe that is posted all over the web http://blog.radiantlifecatalog.com/bid/60657/DIY-Toothsoap-Recipe-Using-Cold-Pressed-Coconut-Oil , and I actually like it, though it doesn't lather as well as shreads. I did not use essential oil or sweetener in my trial tiny batch (less waste if it sucked) .My question is "WHY ALL THE EXCESS OIL?" There has got to be a reason for this and i can not see what it would be. Why not just liquid castile soap, or watered down castile soap even? The sherds is just shredded soap. But the liquid is a pinch of liquid soap and a lot of oil, a pinch of water, a pinch of essential oil for flavor. Does anyone use/make this and/or know why so much excess oil in liquid version? Just curious. Either way I do love, love, love tooth soap!

It has something to do with the coconut oil helping heal gums and teeth. Supposedly it gets into the microscopic pores of the teeth and does some good. I read a article about it but I don't remember where. You might be able to find more info if you google oil pulling.
My favorite tooth soap is 100% peanut oil soap. Its flavorless and doesn't have excessive foam.

Last edited:
Thanks Obsidian and Newbi :) I'll look at that thread.

Latest posts

Back