Too white or not two white...?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wearytraveler

Reaction score
I'm waiting for some FOs to be delivered and in the interim I'm planning the next batch. I'm looking to try something I've never done before; a three color in the pot swirl to be poured into a PVC pipe/mold. Does TD have to be added to the separated batter before adding the specific colors? Would doing so make the colors more vibrant or will it not matter?

I'm waiting for some FOs to be delivered and in the interim I'm planning the next batch. I'm looking to try something I've never done before; a three color in the pot swirl to be poured into a PVC pipe/mold. Does TD have to be added to the separated batter before adding the specific colors? Would doing so make the colors more vibrant or will it not matter?

Adding TD to colored batter will make the colors pastel no matter when added not more vibrant.

I know adding titanium dioxide will make color pastel. But I have seen YouTuber add it in the oils claiming it is like " prep the canvas " ( forget the exact word, it's something used for art before painting. hope you get it). Is it true? If the oils combo are somewhat yellowish, adding titanium dioxide is sort of prep the base color?

I think I've seen that video. Adding td is not a necessary step to adding colors. However a very yellow base without td, does alter the appearance of the color added. Example: adding medium blue Mica to a very yellow base (like when using eevo) will end up making green. Adding td before coloring the batter will make the colors less muddy looking, but they will be tints or pastels instead of pure jewel tones of colors.

It's just one reason why I gave up olive oil except in small amounts.

Latest posts

Back