Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Goddess

Reaction score
I think I added too much silk powder to my body butter. Now it's grainy to the touch when I apply it to my skin it melts and doesn't leave any residue. I am thinking about throwing it out. I have melted it down twice and even added more shea butter to it. if anyone can help that would be a blessing! Thanks

...Grainy to me sounds like a shea butter tempering problem. Are you cooling in the fridge after you pour?
I would agree that either the shea got too hot, or wasn't cooled correctly.

Although graininess is annoying, it's no reason to throw out a batch of expensive body butter. I'd keep it for personal use and experiment with small batches till you get the feel you want.

I would agree that either the shea got too hot, or wasn't cooled correctly.

Although graininess is annoying, it's no reason to throw out a batch of expensive body butter. I'd keep it for personal use and experiment with small batches till you get the feel you want.

Thank you! I was gonna try adding some cocoa butter or turning it into a beard butter. But, I added vanilla buttercream FO to it. I put it in a container until I figure it out.

Latest posts

Back