Too much oil?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soaped

Reaction score
Hi!

New to this forum but have been making soap on and off for the last few years but definitely still in the newbie category.

I tried a new recipe and accidently added too much castor oil. Do you know if the soap will be usable or may I have to rebatch? I've posted the recipe below.
Screenshot_20210701-010455_Samsung Internet.jpg

The mistake I made was adding 29g of castor oil instead of 20G. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

You will just have a higher superfat. Your soap may be a little softer than usual; but should be OK.
Thanks! It looked as though oil was settling on the top but now that I've left it overnight it seems to have been absorbed back into the soap. The soap took super long to get to trace as well so I was a little worried!

The long trace would come from the OO/Lard percentage of 80%, not the castor oil. Castor actually accelerates trace. Just let your soap cure as LSG mentioned above you upped your superfat, which you may or may not like.

Latest posts

Back