Too much activated charcoal LOL

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitewitchbeauty

Reaction score
I was making soap bars today for eczema and psoriasis. When it came time for the activated charcoal bar I accidentally poured about 3 ounces into my 1 pound mix and a poof of black dust floated around my face and in the air LOL! These bars will be very dark. Will this be bad for skin or OK to use? The soap is so black :) haha!!! I meant to gently pour in a tablespoons worth woopsy!!!

That's a bummer! They will probably be very drying and possibly stain washcloths. I'd test them out a bunch before giving them to anyone else.

Back when I was a teenager, I used a clarifying charcoal mask - it really worked... maybe your bars will act the same way. :)

You could take this batch and grate it up. Then, make another batch of the soap but melt enough of this grated soap in the oils so that enough AC is in there.

You'd need to work out how much of the gratings to use to get the right amount of AC and then of course reduce your new batch weight by the amount of shavings used. But it would save them in a useful way

Cool idea! Thanks! I also made salt bars and pine tar soap bars, those look good. The cactus soap i made turned out ok too, but it's a little soft.

Back