Too little fragrance?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antella

Reaction score
I made just over 3 lbs of soap last night. I added 5 tablespoons + 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp of Frankinsence & Myrrh from Lebermuth supplier. My scale didn't seem to be working right (battery old and I didn't have another one handy) so I guesstimated it.

Think it'll be okay?

If you were making CP soap....yes that was too little FO, you may not even smell it at all..

CP goes normally by .5-1oz per pound of oils

So that can be from 1.5ozs = (.5) = 3lbs through 3ozs for 3lbs.

Gurl, always have a backup battery for your scale.. it always seem to go out at an inconvienent time.

Smellitlikeitis, I think you thought she was talking about teaspoons. lol

5 tablespoons converts to 2.5 liquid ounces, and should be ok. :D

i don't know how strong your EOs are so take this with a gain of salt. . .

i checked the msds and it looks like it has a specific gravity of about 1.078; this means that while you used about 2.75 FLUID oz of scent, the actual weight was about 2.9645 oz. that's pretty close to the bull's eye!

Thank you! I sure wished I'd added another tablespoonful but oh, well. Today it smells pretty good and it's not a weak fragrance or anything. Time will tell! :)

Sholdy said:
Smellitlikeitis, I think you thought she was talking about teaspoons. lol

5 tablespoons converts to 2.5 liquid ounces, and should be ok. :D

I sure did LOL ... I do everything by ozs or grams... I do T's or Tsp...unless its an additive :lol:

Latest posts

Back