Tomato Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimplyE

Reaction score
Newby here, :wink: but if "I" were to experiment with that, I would probably use tomato sauce for part of my liquid. Again, I am very new, but love experimenting and this is probably what I would do. :D

You could liquify a tomato in your blender and strain any seeds or remaining pulp and add it as part of your liquids.

I would do tomato soap the way I do cucumber soap. I would put all of the tomato in a blender and grind up seed and all. Use it for your lye liquid and be done. I love cucumber soap. I made a tomato cream soap a couple of years ago and used my granny's canned tomato juice for the liquid and then added some in towards the end of the cook. It was AWESOME!

I too want to make tomato soap. My "plan" is to use tomato juice from a can in place of the water. Would I freeze the tomato juice first (slushy) before slowly adding lye or should I use 1/2 juice and 1/2 water?

jadiebugs1 said:
I too want to make tomato soap. My "plan" is to use tomato juice from a can in place of the water. Would I freeze the tomato juice first (slushy) before slowly adding lye or should I use 1/2 juice and 1/2 water?

I think it would work either way....basically it's a matter of personal preference. :)

gratia said:
Thanks for all the info!!! The people that asked me, grow there own tomato's and would i just take the tomato put it in the blender and then add lye. Would it work with goat milk or should i just forget the milk all together?

You should be able to use the pureed tomato no problem. I'd chill the puree really good first.

I would try a batch without the milk first, just to see how it behaves....but then again, I'm not always very adventurous. :)

Latest posts

Back