Tomato juice in Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IanT said:
this is really interesting as i own a juicer and have been wondering the same as you about whether they could be added and what results they would produce. The only one of your questions id be able to reliable answer would be the one about if the scent carries through, I d like to say no...I think the lye sap process probably breaks down the flavanoids (what help contribute to the scent)...I wonder what the difference would be for adding cranberry sauce though....as for the sugar content, I know that some add sugar to their batch to help it lather, and if you get chunky sauce it would be cool to have little berries in the bar (IMO...i dont mind berries falling out of my bar from time to time, so long as i know the ingredients are natural)

I've lost my juicer!!! :( It'll turn up eventually but it'd really have been helpful for today's carrot juice soap.

I was thinking no berries and adding red or purple (do they make a wine color??) jojoba beads. Ditto with pomegranate juice.

What about bananas? :D I have no idea what they'd contribute to the soap but that smell permeates *everything*! :)

not sure on those questions! Im going to do some research though and get back to ya unless someone chimes in beforehand!

Ian

I have used organic, concentrated blackcurrant juice.

It turned brown with the saponification process. At first

I didn't like it, but now I think it looks kind of earthy.

I swirled in in. There are pictures somewhere on this forum,

but I don't know where.

Laurie

I have used mango nectar and the soaps were a beautiful gold, but faded as time went on. :cry:

ive heard that beet tops produce a sort of greenish brown, the beet juice from research ive done ive heard has a tendency to turn slightly brownish gray...

tomato juice in cp

Faithy,
Newbie here!!! How much honey ppo do you add to the soap? I'm kind of scared to use honey but I received some organic tupelo honey and want to try it.
Thanks in advance. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Re: tomato juice in cp

chlobue said:
Faithy,
Newbie here!!! How much honey ppo do you add to the soap? I'm kind of scared to use honey but I received some organic tupelo honey and want to try it.
Thanks in advance. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I used 1 tablespoon per pound of oils in the last batch I made. :)

~Lori

tomato juice in cp

I really, really appreciate the advice. Some day I hope to be as god at soapmaking as you guys!!! :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back