Tog's etsy site

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godiva

Reaction score
I haven't been on much except in the photo gallery. With Christmas coming up, I am putting a log cutter on my list, and went to look at tog's site and couldn't find it. Has he stopped making/selling? I have Craft Sake's site on my list. Anyone else know any other similiar cutters for sale out there that don't cost way too much - I want to find one under $200?

Thanks

I haven't seen his site recently either. My DH got me one of his cutters last year for Christmas.

ETA that it did take some time for the cutter to arrive but he stuck to the timetable agreed upon initially. The cutter has worked fine. I've seen on some forums that some of his molds had quality issues.

We have ordered from him several times and all his products are awesome when you do get them, but if you ordered it now and paid for it you probably won't see it til next year. :(

Last time It took three months to get what I ordered.

I will order from him again because he does make quality products but I cant be in a rush.

I believe he sold the business or at least that is what he posted on the etsy page before it vanished. Last May, I ordered a cutter from him. By late July, it was still not built and there was little communication until his wife shot me an email regarding the fact he was very very ill and had been hospitalized for a long time (which he had later posted on the etsy page as well.)

He is better now but obviously has limitations due to his health.

So if you order from him, make sure you understand your wait could be longer than you think - email with him before purchasing and make sure you ask for a realistic timeline for receiving your cutter.
The tank IS a lot faster to receive.....maybe not as aesthetic as TOG's but the tank is awesome

I saw an etsy page up about two months ago. I wondered if he switched to ArtFire because his feedback was getting really low. Many people were upset that it took months and months to get their items and some of them were being told they had been shipped and gotten lost. I have a mold from him. I like the design of it and it is easy to use.

Nope, this is not based strictly on personal experience. I could have gone into a lot more detail, but felt this was enough.

debbism said:
.maybe not as aesthetic as TOG's but the tank is awesome
I love the look of my tank. It's sexy in it's own industrial way. shiny. :)

since I know I'm going to be in this for a long time, I bought the tank,
yes I squirmed, because it is expensive, but worth it.My logs are cut in seconds and look great.

carebear said:
I love the look of my tank. It's sexy in it's own industrial way. shiny. :)

I do love the look of mine now. It is always a conversation piece when people come into my soap space.

I do need to build a platform to butt up against it since I am cutting 25" logs

PippiL said:
yes I squirmed, because it is expensive, but worth it.My logs are cut in seconds and look great.

there is something deeply satisfying about slicing a log with a tank.

carebear said:
PippiL said:

there is something deeply satisfying about slicing a log with a tank.

Yup. I think it's the satisfying twang as the wires finish their business. Love my tank.

Back