TOG Soap Molds ROCK!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonfly princess

Reaction score
Ok everyone knows I do MP soap! I got a mold from Paul and couldn't wait till the weekend to try it out! I scented this Lavender and Sandalwood, kinda manly!!
So here we go:

[/img]

First off, Dragon, that is a beautiful soap! 8) Love the second layer colour!
Nice colour and matching scent selection. When I pour a CP batch a full log like this will weigh about 50 ounces, a tad bit over 3 pounds. So by the looks of your soap height, I'm guessing at least that is a 3 pound batch. Have you got a digital scales? Weigh each bar X's how many or the whole batch. I know if you cut them 1 inch thick, you have a full 10 bars.
I'm so happy that you love your TOG Mold, Dragon! I love a happy soap and a happy soap maker who uses a TOG Mold! :D

Thanks Paul for the nice compliments, I sprayed the crap out of the first layer with alcohol just so the second layer would stick. I don't have scales so I had no idea about how much soap I used :)

Awesome soap- really pretty! Now I really really want a mold! Paul, do you make this when ordered or are they made and then shipped?
Thanks!

I think though I may want a 2 pounder or even a non boxy looking 1 pounder- I like to batch smaller but 3 pounds could work!

Tog Mold

OK...the proof is in the pictures apparently...so I've ordered a dual mold and the cutter...!

I'm looking forward to using them!

leansoapqueen said:
Awesome soap- really pretty! Now I really really want a mold! Paul, do you make this when ordered or are they made and then shipped?
Thanks!

Thanks! Don't want to hijack, but I make several of these TOG 10" Econo Molds and try to keep them in stock. They are one of my best selling molds. Just check out my Etsy store!
Dragon, great pics and thanks for the sales pitch! 8)

Paul.... :)

You guys are killing me. I am going to have to break down and buy a TOG mold since I hear NOTHING but good things about them. Paul, you have a lot of satisfied customers. That is wonderful. Is it possible to get me to part with my Kelsie? Just might be since I only was able to use my large 18 bar mold once and now the frame won't fit back in the grooves for some reason. Wahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CPSoaper said:
You guys are killing me. I am going to have to break down and buy a TOG mold since I hear NOTHING but good things about them. Paul, you have a lot of satisfied customers. That is wonderful. Is it possible to get me to part with my Kelsie? Just might be since I only was able to use my large 18 bar mold once and now the frame won't fit back in the grooves for some reason. Wahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! 8) You'll think harder about selling it when you look at my TOG 12/24 or TOG 20/40 Slab Molds With Dividers and Wood Top! They are chasing Upland's, Kelsie's and FCS's! :D Check them out at my Etsy store! Price wise, construction wise, TOG is a much better deal, IMHO!

Soapmaker Man said:
CPSoaper said:

Thanks! 8) You'll think harder about selling it when you look at my TOG 12/24 or TOG 20/40 Slab Molds With Dividers and Wood Top! They are chasing Upland's, Kelsie's and FCS's! :D Check them out at my Etsy store! Price wise, construction wise, TOG is a much better deal, IMHO!

I love a mold that does not need to be lined and has dividers for individual bars - especially when making salt bars. I love not having to cut those ones. I also love my log mold for doing layers but I hate that I have to line it. So I have my wonderful DH do it. He's a real pro at it now. But it would sure be nice to not to have to mess with it.

I definitely see a TOG mold AND a cutter in my future. How can one resist with such glowing reviews? Certainly not this gal.

Forgot to add:

DP I love the colors of your soap and your layers are nice and clean. The scent combo sounds divine!

I just got a TOG mold, and am wondering if I have to oil it before pouring the CP soap into it. Anyone? I'm sure I will oil the plastic dividers, but does the liner need greasing up too?

Woodi said:
I just got a TOG mold, and am wondering if I have to oil it before pouring the CP soap into it. Anyone? I'm sure I will oil the plastic dividers, but does the liner need greasing up too?

No need to oil or grease anything Woodi! :D The liners work better after 2 or 3 uses, and just washing with warm water under the kitchen sink. Don't wash them in the dishwasher. Wash with a damp rag, then dry by hand or just let drip dry. I don't even wash mine every time, just spritz with alcohol and wipe with a paper towel.
The dividers will pick up oils from the batter and soap, and the bars will push or slide right out of them, no need to use pliers like some other makers suggest. I just flip the whole slab over onto my table and peel off the bottom and side liners, then push down each bar to unmold each one! This is a great mold if I say so myself! I almost want to quit making anything except this style of slab mold. But again, please do not use any oils or butters to "grease" anything, OK. :wink:

Let us know and show us those pretty soaps, Woodi!

Paul.... :wink:

I like my little TOG mold real good too. Went from doing HP to CP now.

First time I used it, I oiled it with mineral oil out of habit. Took the soap out after 20 hours and had a little sticking. 2nd batch went for 48 hours and then had no sticking. Now I will not oil it and see how it goes. I am now thinking that oiling it was wrong.

Yea Phillip, I'm glad you are liking your TOG Mold! The oil from the batter and the drying soap sinks into the cells of the foam type material I use. To much oil and you will get sticking. Just wipe off or rinse under warm water, and dry. After 2 to 4 uses, the liners get "seasoned" and work even better. :) Man, they last and last. It took me several tries to find this particular type of foam, but I really like it and works well. If anyone needs replacements, I sell them. The biggest and most expensive mold I sell, the replacement liners only cost $12.00, the rest, less! :D 8)

Paul... :wink:

Back