TOG Molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jody

Reaction score
I know some people won't agree with me and there has been a lot of discussion about TOG molds but even with all the bad rap I knew the design has been much improved. I went ahead (even though I was very nervous since they are not cheap) and ordered a slab and log mold. I soaped the slab mold and unmolded today and I have to say that the soap released from the mold and the dividers was so slick and easy. Clean up was a breeze too. I am very happy. I don't have the luxury that some do, as my husband is a musician and there is no way he could ever make me a mold. I have some cheap molds and have had them for a long time and they are a huge pain. I loved unmolding this time for once.

I was also told that IF I do have problems with my liner that he will replace it for a minimal price.

Shipping was not fast but it wasn't really super slow either even though it was held up at customs for quite some time but that's no ones fault. He makes them to order I believe so it takes awhile.

Just wanted to put it out there.

I'm glad it worked out for you. but why wouldn't he replace the liner for FREE if it's not working as promised or if it doesn't hold up under normal use?

I think he does but you have to pay shipping but I'm not sure.

I bought one and used it for about 2 weeks, the liners ripped and fell apart.
He sent me a new set of liners, they fell apart, again.
Not worth my time waiting for new liners.

I'll stick with silicone, not 'silicone like'. TYVM.

carebear said:
I'm glad it worked out for you. but why wouldn't he replace the liner for FREE if it's not working as promised or if it doesn't hold up under normal use?

Exactly what I was thinking. You shouldn't even have to pay shipping. If it needs to be replaced the ENTIRE cost should be the maker's.

Good luck!!!!

I looked very hard at the TOG molds but the feedback I read turned me off.

I ended up getting one from upland soap factory for relatvely the same price, complete w/a single piece silicone liner. I'm just super glad to have a nice mold that I don't have to worry about making my own liners for, that became a real pain.

Perhaps TOG got some negative feedback and decided to improve. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your mold.

I bought the little bevel thing from For Crafts Sake when I bought my tank. It's great, no blade, just a little wire. Very effective, self cleaning and produces a beautiful edge.

Kangaroo Blue makes a great one. If they don't ship overseas I'll happily forward one for you. I love mine. It's the blade and has held up very well for 3-4 years now.

I had a wire one that was a nightmare to use - got clogged, scraped up the surface of the soap, etc. Hopefuly he's seen fit to improve it since then, tho I've gotten no offers to upgrade so I wouldn't know - not that it matters since mine went in the trash.

Seconding the Kangaroo Blue one, have never used any others to compare it to, but the KB does a really nice job of beveling and planing.

Back