TOG Mold?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divaxtrema

Reaction score
OK,.,,.I have to ask... :oops:
What is a TOG mold?? Everyone keeps talking about them and I have never heard of it.....

TOG stands for 'The Old Goat', a company run by Paul, aka 'SoapMakerMan'- one of our forum moderators. TOG molds are soap molds that Paul happens to make and sell over at Etsy. I have 2 of his molds- one is a slab/log convertable mold, and the other is a 1 lb. mold. I love both of them and think they are great. Haven't ever had a problem with them. HTH! :)

IrishLass

You're right Digit, I have a shirt my DW made me that says I am "The 'Ole Goat" himself! :lol: Thanks guys for being past, present, and if I know Digit, future customers, again. :wink:

divaxtrema, if you have any questions, fire away. :)

Paul :wink:

Thanks for all the information!!
My goodness Paul...I love your molds!! Being somewhat of a soap rookies ( I make mostly MP in silicone molds) you would have to explain to me how the "TOG Econo Wood Soap Beveler" works? I don't get that one....
I want to start making bars of soap and I love your silicone liners! I do have some molds that my hubby made but what a pain!! Let's just chalk it up to he's a lover not a soap mold maker!! :D The poor boy tries hard though...
You will be making me some molds here soon enough my friend! Again...thanks for the info...

TOG molds??

I, too, am one happy TOG owner. I have had the little mini and the 2 lb economy mold for some time now. When I am in soaping mode, these two molds are always full. I recently added the perma-lined two lb mold...these are log molds. I have the straight blade cutter and the beveller-planer. My soaping life revolves these, my favorite molds. I also use milk and cream cartons when all my TOGS are in use, and I have a Kelsie slab that I use sometimes when I want a slab for some reason. Only my DH can pull the dividers out of that one! It is a nice mold and very useful for swirls, but my heart belongs to TOG!!!

The soap I made the other looked PERFECT!! Like, $6 a bar perfect! I'm in love...

I do need to get the hang of the mold tho, maybe people who have used them more can help. I coated the bottom in mineral oil, but I don't think enough. And also, two corners on the long side, and a small spot in the center of the other side, leaked on me. Only a little, and I had a towel underneath it. I'm blaming my own inexperience for that, but didn't know if it's something simple that i didn't do.

Because it leaked a little, I had to scrub hard to get the corners cleaned, and the wood seemed to expand cuz the dowels don't fit.. I should have known better but I didnt think I was getting it too wet. If it doesn't go back to normal, my husband will just shave the holes a little.

But again, the soap was INCREDIBLE!! I will definately buy a few more when I am ready to make larger amounts.

Hi Healinya.
Yea, getting the wood to damp or especially the wood dowels, they will swell. If you need to re-drill the holes, use a 1/4" drill bit.

Irish Lass, thank you for all the kudos and helpful tips! :) :wink:

I checked out your ToG products - you have some fine crafting there. I might have to start getting my lye from you. I live in a VERY small town and its $5 for a 16oz can here. Everything cost more when you live next to nowhere!

dagnukem said:
I checked out your ToG products - you have some fine crafting there. I might have to start getting my lye from you. I live in a VERY small town and its $5 for a 16oz can here. Everything cost more when you live next to nowhere!

Thank you, and welcome! :)

i was thinking the same thing. I bought 10 pounds from ebay awhile ago. Have about 4 pounds left.. price is the same, the quality can only be better, I'm sure.

Latest posts

Back