Toddler Bastille Soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MysPhoenix

Reaction score
So the last few days I have been seeing a lot of ideas thrown around for baby soap, and now I would like to try making a bastille soap for my partner's 3 year old :D

Here's what I was thinking:
90% Olive Oil
6% Cocoa Butter
4% Castor Oil

Set at 3% SF for the cook, and adding 5% SF after the cook (was thinking olive oil).

I want to add colloidal oatmeal to it, and use banana baby food as partial water replacement (I have a friend who soaps and she says the banana scent sticks around and if it isn't "banana-y" enough the nice thing with HP is I think I could also add it after the cook and subtract from the oat milk I planned on adding for fluidity after cook).

Does this look good for a mild soap? Any suggestions?

Your soap will take quite a while to cure as it is has a high olive oil content. It should be a mild bar, though.

It was suggested in a group I am in on Facebook to drop the idea of Bastille soap because of the long cure time and bring the olive oil down to 50% and do 40% with tallow or palm or a different "hard oil" because of the super long cure time. Sooner would be cooler, but I also don't mind the wait if that is what is necessary to be gentle enough for his skin. He doesn't have sensitive skin (as far as we know), so I think I would be okay to adjust the recipe even though he is 3?

Back