Today's Soap Adveture was brought to me by the letter "F"

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IngridK

Reaction score
No sillies... not that one this one; FAIL!!!!

Tried making a batch of liquid soap using Tallow and Olive oil... burned out two blenders (thankfully cheap ones I don't care about) and wasted 2 hours fighting to get it to trace.

I was just messing about because I had left over tallow... but lessoned there; if it wants to break... let it!!!!!

LOL!
PS... Anyone else remember sitting with their kids, neices and nephews becoming a product of The Childrens Television Network!

I have to take that one back... this was not a fail. I put the batch into a pail so I could toss it in the garbage and the next morning before I tossed it peeked under the lid. There was some pretty weird saponification going on in there and the lump was solid; no longer a mix of riced bits and oils with (OMG) a couple of lumps of translucent, properly gelled chunks. I threw it back into the crock pot and cooked for another 6 hours... I did all kinds of silly things like add water from the tap so it is cloudy and I think it will need another 6 hours of slow cooking but the soap works and it tests at the correct Ph for what it is right now... I am delirously happy... my recipe was not a fail, I just didn't know better and wasn't patient enough!

Back