Today was the day.....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None for me either. I've been using these for 3 years and never even considered it. I may have to get some needlepoint plastic sheets to put on them because the size of these and the stackability just works for me.

If you have access to an inexpensive fabric store, you might be able to get pattern muslin by the yard. Or cut up old bed sheets, maybe?

Since you have several racks, it might be cheaper than plastic sheeting.

Thank you! I snuck a sliver to the sink to try this morning. Holy creamy, bubbly, beautiful, rich soap, BatSoapers!

And ooooooooh.......tamales :think:....someone has to make dinner tonight and I think it's me.

In my world, tamales are a sign that God loves us...

Thank goodness I'm not Jewish or Muslim or vegetarian. I don't know if it is possible to have good tamales without lard. Of course I suppose you could use shortening, but I feel like it wouldn't be the same.

I have a friend, where around Christmas we go to her mom's house and help make tamales. Then I'm a happy camper.. Carefully rationing out my tamales from the freezer... :think:

In my world, tamales are a sign that God loves us...

Thank goodness I'm not Jewish or Muslim or vegetarian. I don't know if it is possible to have good tamales without lard. Of course I suppose you could use shortening, but I feel like it wouldn't be the same.

I have a friend, where around Christmas we go to her mom's house and help make tamales. Then I'm a happy camper.. Carefully rationing out my tamales from the freezer... :think:

I feel that way about menudo. I don't have it often, but oh my gosh! That is some seriously good stuff.

And ooooooooh.......tamales :think:....someone has to make dinner tonight and I think it's me.

Ooooo-yes- tamales! I looooooove tamales! We usually make them for New Years as my sis's house (the whole from scratch, family assembly-line thing...same with pierogi's for Christmas eve).

Re: those curing racks. While I don't have the same exact racks pictured, I also use coated cooling racks for curing my soaps (made by Pampered Chef). I love them because they're stackable space-savers. For what it's worth, I've been using them bare naked as curing racks for over 10 years and they still look brand new. (the below pic was taken 10 years ago, btw, and they still look the same....except for the soaps on them, lol) I have so many of them because I had a few family members who were reps of PC and I was invited to every party. I figured if I had no need to buy anything else, I could at least buy set of racks to not only help them out.... but to also to help with my growing soaping addiction. :lol: :

IMG_4844CuringSoap2007.JPG

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back