Quantcast

Today I made my beer soap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

KimT2au

You bet they die
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I finally got that batch of beer soap made. Did it go well? Hmmmm, sort of. My stick blender blew up half way through mixing and I had to finish it off by hand. sighhhhhh, I don't think I was meant to make beer soap.

Kim

amd

Reaction score
I felt the same way when I started making coconut milk soap! For some reason I could not get it to trace (and I was new enough that I didn't understand that I didn't need to have it at trace), and I burned out my stickblender on it (also did not understand the concept of short bursts of blending). I replaced the stick blender and tried again. You CAN DO IT! Now... where's the pics of your soap? :D

KimT2au

You bet they die
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I felt the same way when I started making coconut milk soap! For some reason I could not get it to trace (and I was new enough that I didn't understand that I didn't need to have it at trace), and I burned out my stickblender on it (also did not understand the concept of short bursts of blending). I replaced the stick blender and tried again. You CAN DO IT! Now... where's the pics of your soap? :D
I was pulsing the stick blender and I suspect that is what caused it to short. There was suddenly a blue spark come out of the handset and it stopped working. The soap is in the mould at the moment. I will have a look at it tomorrow. :D

Alzie

Reaction score
I was pulsing the stick blender and I suspect that is what caused it to short. There was suddenly a blue spark come out of the handset and it stopped working. The soap is in the mould at the moment. I will have a look at it tomorrow. :D
Oh no! That's no fun at all! My old stick blender started making a disturbing noise the other day mid way through, it sounded and felt like the blade and internal rod were getting ready to make a quick exit from the main part....i had visions of it turning me into a horror flick casualty lol....it's now retired to say the least :) hopefully your soap turns out great!!

KimT2au

You bet they die
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh no! That's no fun at all! My old stick blender started making a disturbing noise the other day mid way through, it sounded and felt like the blade and internal rod were getting ready to make a quick exit from the main part....i had visions of it turning me into a horror flick casualty lol....it's now retired to say the least :) hopefully your soap turns out great!!
EEK! Photos are now posted on the photo gallery, @Alzie

Or maybe they are posted here! Sighhhh, it must be one of those days :D

Photos deleted, they are now in the photo gallery.

Last edited:

DeeAnna

Reaction score
I'm glad you posted them here -- I seldom look at the gallery. The bars look really good -- like a glass of beer with a nice foamy head. Well done!

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm glad you posted them here -- I seldom look at the gallery.
I'm asking that photos be posted in the photo gallery as that is what it is there for, I move them if the're in another thread, that way you can find them all in one place, a one stop place for soap photos.

Last edited:

loopyloop

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say I’m an expert but I’ve made many, many soaps using beer and I have never had a trace issue. So, I don’t think it was the beer at all in your case but other combination in your recipe.