To Gel or Not to Gel - This is my question!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZerbyPirkel

Reaction score
Gel

Reading a lot and ran across a thread on how to not have your soap gel. Didn't see any answers to a thought I had. Let's say, no matter what you do, it does a partial gel and you get a circle in the center of your bar. Is that permanent, or will it eventually go away? It's too hot to soap this weekend, 113 on Sat and I think it gets to 120 on Sunday, soooo....since I am not allowed to soap inside, at the moment, I will have to wait and hope that the temps will be better the end of the month. It's 118 all next week. Freaky heat-wave in Phoenix!

Last edited:
In my experience the ring fades quite a bit and sometimes becomes barely noticeable.

On rare occasions partial gel has done some weird things with colored soaps; the ring changes colors permanently, or completely fades out the color. One time I did an ombre layer soap with 5 shades of orange and the gelled ring reversed the intensity of the colors (the darkest orange turned palest, the palest orange turned brightest) while outside to the gelled ring the colors intensity stayed true. It was a really cool effect!

Back