'To-do' list

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renata

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I opened new thread to ask you, what's on your 'to-do' list?
How will your next batch look like? What technique are you planning to use? What colors? What EO or FO?

I'm sure this will be one inspiring thread :grin:

My to-do list:
- Apple Cinnamon FO - omg that smells awesome!
- I have dried calendula and lavender - planning to make some natural looking soaps after Christmas

My "to do" list includes making a Hunter's soap for a friend of mine (a wonderful no-stress project) and after that seeing if I can't finally succeed in making a delicately swirled soap with a Lily of the Valley FO that won't seize up on me like it always does! Aarrgh!

Then I want to try making some soaps that include some homemade spinach power, parsley powder and calendula powder I've been making all summer. I've made dandelion leaf, nettle and catnip powders too, but I'm not too sure about those, but I'm really excited about trying the spinach, parsley and calendula. :)

My next soap will be a tallow bar (I just rendered the fat yesterday) with lemongrass EO. I probably won't do any swirls or colors, I'm just excited to try soaping with amimal fat for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

The very first batch on my agenda is a facial bar for acne using Neem oil. I plan to do this one uncolored and unscented (other than the Neem).

The next one is going to be a salt bar. I'm into pink lately so I think a delicate pink batch is in order. Still considering the fragrance possibilities.

I also want to become more familiar with CP. I have done a few batches, but nothing fancy. I'd like to work on some swirls and pretty tops.

I have made a couple of goat's milk soaps (one unscented, and one chocolate) and I would like to make another one. Also, there is a local beer I have been wanting to soap with. If we sell it where I work, I will buy it tomorrow and have it ready to soap on Thursday.

I like hearing other people's projects. It gets my own ideas flowing!

1. another salt bar batch (first one didn't come out so nice)
2. another batch of calendula soap (calendula has been infusing in oil since August - got to work on that soon!)
3. modified tiger stripe
4. work on my face soap recipe
5. mantra swirl
6. liquid soap

All of the above will probably get re-prioritized with the next picture of pretty <fill in the blank> soap LOL

That's quite a list, Kazmi! And I know what you mean about shifting priorities and pretty photos .......

I have a LOT of "to do's" on my list, so this is just a few of them:
- Try to blend some of my colored clays to see what new colors I can achieve
- I recently found some natural indigo, so want to try that to see whether I can finally make some blue soap!
- Charcoal facial soap suitable for a sensitive, acne prone skin
- Find some donkey milk to test it ..... and decide whether its worth the astronomical price tag! (I'm off to Provence for a few days tomorrow, and there are some donkey milk producers in the south ...... So I'm hoping to buy a liter to bring home for testing purposes. DH is very nervous that I might like it!)

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

I said above that I had wanted to try soaping with a local beer. Well, last night I found a couple of their beers hidden in the back of our fridge. Who knows how long they have been there? It's not the brew I wanted to soap, but it's a really nice dark brown beer. I think I will scent it with mostly orange, and a little raspberry and chocolate. We'll see.

My daughter is dancing "Snow" in the Nutcracker this year and I need to make themed soap for her fellow cast members. I'm thinking a very white bar with a delicate pale blue swirl and a bit of glitter on the top with a mint/eucalyptus/juniper EO blend. Last year I did Waltz of the Flowers with a lavender citrus blend, colored pale green and pink.

I came across a 2 year old bar which I scented with a lime/patch/cedar/clove EO blend and it still smells really nice (although the clove is most dominant now). So another batch of that, probably colored with nettle or comfrey infused OO.

Something fun and fruity for the kids in my life in bright colors, maybe a column pour.

Judymoody, the kids will love your Nutcracker soap! I did a plain white bar with a swirly top and plain iridescent glitter on top. Everybody who sees it comments on it, but little girls especially want it. The pale blue swirl sounds like it will really put it over the top for them!

I just did a batch of lemongrass for my mom, two tone yellow colored with annatto seeds. Calendula petals in the lighter part.
to do:
black and white anise, colored with TD and black oxide. Also for mom
brown and black swirl scented with santas pipe. Bits of pipe tobacco in the brown part, tobacco on top.
liquid soap

1. Figure out what happened to the scent in my first batch of soap. (I need to post the recipe and see if anyone has any suggestions.)
  2. Make coffee soap.
  3. Make more bath bombs.
  4. Experiment with natural colorants.

Sounds pretty Judymoody!
Can't wait to see how your soap comes out CCake
Eyeroll - if you tell me that your tallow soaps come out nice I'm just gonna have to add something else to my list LOL
Sawede - my list grows every day LOL can you tell I love soaping. I bet your DH is nervous!!
Skatergirl - are you going to hp your salt bar or do it cp?

Latest posts

Back