To all my soapy friends here

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made some homemade "Vicks" and I think tomorrow Ill finally make a loaf of LARD soap. You know its my fave, go to soap ingredient.
Again thank you!
Atta girl -- aka SMF sistah! I love LARD too! There's nothing like making up a batch of soap for healing wounds -- good for curing the blahs and the blues. I think I'll join you -- maybe even use "Redhead" for the design inspiration! I'm looking forward to seeing pics. I also hope you will continue to post often. BIG hug.

Wowser! What a knockout! I definitely have to rethink the title I came up with... "Carrot Top" (LOL) with DIY Carrot Root Oil -- good for the skin and soaps a pretty shade of orange. And, yes, as I like to tell my dear hubby, while shooing him out of the kitchen, "soaping is cheaper than therapy!" :D

That pic is from my sons wedding 4 years ago. Yes, soaping has always been therapy for me. I have tinnitus ( like I dont have enough crap!) Thats a hissing in my ear 24/7 - Ive had it for 5 years now and when I soap I dont hear it as much so I used to make a lot of soap! lol - And when Im stressed its louder. So hopefully Ill get back on the band wagon and try just to live life on its terms. Thank you! <3

I Love the color of your hair, do you still have it the same color? It looks like a wine red on my computer and is gorgeous.
I also have tinnitus and it drives me crazy. Since an episode I had a few weeks ago I now have an eye that is twitching at night. Drives me nuts.

I have tinnitus ( like I dont have enough crap!) Thats a hissing in my ear 24/7 - Ive had it for 5 years now and when I soap I dont hear it as much so I used to make a lot of soap! lol - And when Im stressed its louder. So hopefully Ill get back on the band wagon and try just to live life on its terms. Thank you! <3
My hearing aides have for the most part eliminated that annoying ringing in my ears. What a nice byproduct of HA's. I later read that is a fairly common method of treatment for chronic tinnitus. Maybe one day you may find a need for hearing aids and have the same experience.

I Love the color of your hair, do you still have it the same color? It looks like a wine red on my computer and is gorgeous.
I also have tinnitus and it drives me crazy. Since an episode I had a few weeks ago I now have an eye that is twitching at night. Drives me nuts.

Ive had the same hair color for years, probably too many as now that Im getting older I should act my age. Its Igora by Schwarzkopf. But frankly under it all Im white! My tinnitus sometimes drives me nuts and really its not for the weak. Its a challenge to learn to live with it. I see that many people have it.

My hearing aides have for the most part eliminated that annoying ringing in my ears. What a nice byproduct of HA's. I later read that is a fairly common method of treatment for chronic tinnitus. Maybe one day you may find a need for hearing aids and have the same experience.

I have hearing aides that were quite expensive as Im constantly saying to people " Excuse me, I have a hearing problem" and ask them to repeat themselves. I look at their lips to see if I can figure out what they said. I guess Ill come to terms one day and wear them. Aging isn't kind!

I have tinnitus too. Sometimes, like right now, it sounds like a summer's twilight when the cicadas start chirping in the distance. Sometimes it pings loudly. That's the sound that really irritates me. 1/2 a beer helps. LOL For me, it comes and goes and most days, it's there, but I ignore it. Soaping definitely helps.

Considering how expensive they were, I recommend wearing them and getting used to them. I went through an adjustment period, just absolutely certain I would never be comfortable with them in, but became pretty comfortable with them with daily use. Not sure now how long it took, but it seemed like it took me quite a long time, maybe 3 months or more. But totally worth it, especially as it mostly eliminated the tinnitus, when that wasn't even the goal.

I have tinnitus too. Sometimes, like right now, it sounds like a summer's twilight when the cicadas start chirping in the distance. Sometimes it pings loudly. That's the sound that really irritates me. 1/2 a beer helps. LOL For me, it comes and goes and most days, it's there, but I ignore it. Soaping definitely helps.

I have a similar sound bu more like a hiss. Its always there, sometimes it is louder, sometimes more subdued but always there. I'm not glad you have it, but at least you understand what its like. No one really gets it unless they have it. Do you know how you got it? Or it just happened one day like mine?

Considering how expensive they were, I recommend wearing them and getting used to them. I went through an adjustment period, just absolutely certain I would never be comfortable with them in, but became pretty comfortable with them with daily use. Not sure now how long it took, but it seemed like it took me quite a long time, maybe 3 months or more. But totally worth it, especially as it mostly eliminated the tinnitus, when that wasn't even the goal.

My ear doctor told me that they do not know if you get it from losing your hearing or tinnitus causes the hearing loss. Maybe Ill start wearing one and see how it goes. My hair is long so maybe no one will notice.

Do you know how you got it? Or it just happened one day like mine?
I honestly don't remember when it started but I think it's stress-related due to an over-developed sense of responsibility -- esp. acting as caretaker for a loved one. For example, when I was hospitalized for 6 days, I called it "the best vacation I've ever had!" The reason? I was waited on hand & foot all day, every day. Didn't have to do a thing except, order meals (all my favorites, of course), eat, read or watch TV, and sleep! Maybe it was the drugs, but I didn't have tinnitus during the entire stay.

I honestly don't remember when it started but I think it's stress-related due to an over-developed sense of responsibility -- esp. acting as caretaker for a loved one. For example, when I was hospitalized for 6 days, I called it "the best vacation I've ever had!" The reason? I was waited on hand & foot all day, every day. Didn't have to do a thing except, order meals (all my favorites, of course), eat, read or watch TV, and sleep! Maybe it was the drugs, but I didn't have tinnitus during the entire stay.

Wow! Well my life is full of stress needless to say. Ive never had a day like that where I didnt have a serious amount of craziness going on. I have been thinking of going away for a few weeks to the west coast of florida beaches as Im only 2 hours a way. Just me and my dog as my BF has a busy schedule right now. But it will be a good test to see if relaxation helps.

LOL Just do it! I hope you have the same experience, Redhead. I don't have that option at this time or I would meetcha there. We have a son that recently moved to Fort Myers. My DH, "Mr. Ole Stick-in-the-Mud" homebody never wants to go anywhere that's farther than 20 minutes away! LOL

LOL Just do it! I hope you have the same experience, Redhead. I don't have that option at this time or I would meetcha there. We have a son that recently moved to Fort Myers. My DH, "Mr. Ole Stick-in-the-Mud" homebody never wants to go anywhere that's farther than 20 minutes away! LOL

Oh I had one of those! I divorced him but not just for that. lol - Funny as I emailed the timeshare today to see if they have availability for the end of March. I have always stayed in the same place on Estero Beach in Ft. Myers. There are may there that dont use their weeks and they become available. BTW I made soap today for the 1st time in months and it came out good as far as the soap but my design was horrible. It riced on me also so it was discouraging but Ill make more tomorrow. It seems like I forgot all that I knew after almost 9 years of soap making which surprised me. But I'll get back in the swing of things soon.

Back