Titantium dioxide replacement

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolaM

Reaction score
So my recent order of Titanium dioxide seems to have gone missing in the mail and now im stuck without anything to whiten my valentines soap. Has anyone had success lightening cp soap with Kaolin clay or white peal micca? im in a pinch and dont have a time frame or any place to shop localy so thats all i got. Ive already altered my base recipe to keep the colours lighter than normal and shall alter my design to just have white " highlights" instead. Just dont want to waste a bunch of kaolin /mica if it will have no profound effect in the end. Thank you fellow WAY more experienced soapers for any advice you can give

I use White Kaolin Clay instead of TD to whiten my soaps at a rate of 1 tsp. - 1 Tbls. PPO (Per Pound Oils). Keep in mind that clay is thirsty so you don't want to discount your water too much, if at all.

I use white mica often and while it isn’t the stark white you get from TD, it works well. Using lighter colored oils is a good idea for the whitest result.

Brilliant! thanks guys. Gotta love this site for the amazing fast responses. You guys Rock!!

Latest posts

Back