Titanium Dioxide

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another tip from my lab tech days -- always keep a finger over the cap or closure when you shake a bottle to mix the contents. If you shake that TD bottle as hard as I do, a cap might easily go flyin' without a protective finger in place.
Someone might have mentioned this already, but in case they didn't: I also lightly squeeze a bit of air out of the bottle before I close the cap, put my finger on it, and shake it. That way, when the cap is released after shaking, the bottle will suck in a bit of air to equalize, rather than spraying out some of the contents. Can't remember where I learned that one, but it really works!

Did I mention how much I hate working with Titanium Dioxide? Not because I have a black granite sink, although that's probably reason enough! But because I can't seem to be able to find a bottle that doesn't leak like the dickens when it is shaken vigorously as it always needs to mix properly!

For those of you who disperse TD in advance, what do you use and do you have the same problem I described? I'm using a plastic condiment bottle. I just made a new batch and used a new and different plastic bottle but the same idea and yup - same thing happens! So frustrating.
Hello don't be frustrating I hate that too but I use the 1 dollar tree plastic bottle the big one with lid, is perfect and hold lots let me

Attachments

• pot do dolar tree.pdf
    62.4 KB · Views: 6
I do kind of a mix of the above. When I initially mix it I blend it with my reject stick blender that added to many air bubbles to my batter.

Once it’s blended I put it into a condiment bottle with a squeeze top, and I add quite a few stainless steel nuts bolts etc.

That’s my general disbursement container, I then put it into a paper cup before I make my soap, and then I blend that with my mini mixer.

I bought 2 bottles from Amazon yesterday and they came today. I can tell just how they close they'll be better.

I know this is an older post, but I found it super helpful. For those of you that do disperse your TD and store in a bottle, how long is it good for? Trying to decide how much I should/can premix. Thanks 🌸

Back