Titanium Dioxide

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How do you use yours? I can't get mine to dissolve. I've been putting it in a cup, using either water or oil to dilute before pouring it into the oils and lye. It's the powder from BB and says you can use either. Not having much luck with it!

I'm sorry you're having problems but I've never used BB's TD. If no one is able to answer your question, you should call BB's customer service and ask them about the problem.

I have dissolved my TDO in glycerine and left it over night. 2 tsp TDO to 1 tsp glycerine liquid.
Added it to soap at very light trace, got a lovely white soap.
Did the same with my TDO-colors, same result, lovely soapcolor.
My TDO is not from BB's

I've never used BB's either...but I have had much better luck with the water dispersable than the oil dispersable. I add mine directly to the lye water, let it set a bit, then hit it with the stick blender before pouring into the oils...and no more undesolved bits.

Sorry I never used BB's TD. You could try the TD from TKB trading. It was recommended by another site at one point. The TD used in oil works great. Use 1 tsp per 2 Lbs soap just mix it well with about 1-2 tablespoons of oil, and pout into you soap. Makes nice white bars.

I mix my td with a spoon of the oils from my soapmix and then stickblend into my oils prior to adding the lye that way I can give it a really good mix without the worry of speeding the trace.

I got my TD from BB as well and I'm having the same problem. I mixed mine with vegetable glycerine and it dissolved a little bit, but not all the way. I have white spots /streaks in my first soap. :(

drealmo said:
I got my TD from BB as well and I'm having the same problem. I mixed mine with vegetable glycerine and it dissolved a little bit, but not all the way. I have white spots /streaks in my first soap. :(

The TD doesn't dissolve at all, it just disperses. You have to really mix it good, wheter it's in water, vegetable glycerin or oil. This works really good to get powders dispersed nicely in liquids http://www.brambleberry.com/Mini-White- ... P4721.aspx

Back