Titanium Dioxide in Clear M&P

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs T

Reaction score
Hi guys,

A bit of background.... I'm in the UK so am limited to using one type of base per Cosmetic Assessment that we need to legally sell soaps here.

Therefore, I have chosen to use a clear base and add TD when needed so I can get the best options with designs. I purchased a premixed liquid suspension TD and added to my M&P and it is cloudy with spots. It is specifically advertised as ideal for M&P to avoid this problem. Do you think I need to blend it in like you would in Cold Process? And other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou in advance for any replies 😊

Have you mixed the TD suspension with a small quantity of M&P base first, before stirring into the full batch?

Have you mixed the TD suspension with a small quantity of M&P base first, before stirring into the full batch?
Hi, thankyou for your reply. Yes, I tried it in 50g of base but it still didn't disperse properly.
I did try blending it in for a few seconds and it worked. I just need to cut it open to see if it ended up bubbly inside but it looked OK from what I could see.

Bubbles in M&P can be tricky. A spray bottle with rubbing alcohol can help you with that. Luckily, you can cube and remelt the soap up until you are not happy with the dispersion.

Bubbles in M&P can be tricky. A spray bottle with rubbing alcohol can help you with that. Luckily, you can cube and remelt the soap up until you are not happy with the dispersion.
Thankyou, I have a good supply of isopropyl at the ready lol. Iv been playing with bases and techniques for about two years on and off as a hobby but I still find some things to bamboozle me lol

Just a heads up, some of the providers of CPSRs will allow you to use a mix of Clear and White M&P base providing it's the same brand/type of base - worth checking with whoever your planning to use.

Just a heads up, some of the providers of CPSRs will allow you to use a mix of Clear and White M&P base providing it's the same brand/type of base - worth checking with whoever your planning to use.
That would make life much easier. I will email the company and ask. Thankyou for that tip

Latest posts

Back